Mechanical Service Technician
Electronic Support Systems is a manufacturer’s representative company that has served the St. Louis and surrounding territory since 1992. We represent Vertiv - Liebert Products along with others that produce equipment for the commercial and industrial HVAC markets.
Our primary applications are supporting Communications, Data Centers, Labs, Medical Facilities, Schools, and Campus Environments.
We have an opening for full time employment of a service technician. This individual will require a strong understanding of electronics, electricity and data center control practices as well as the refrigeration cycle and basic refrigeration installation practices. This individual will be part of the ESS team to provide 24/7 customer support.
The primary duties will require equipment start up, technical customer support, preventative maintenance programs and owner training on the equipment. Extensive training will be provided by ESS, Vertiv and the specific manufacturer of that equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Required experience (one or more of the following)
- HVAC – 2-year degree
- Six years military experience in a related field
- Equivalent industry experience with EPA refrigerant license
Interpersonal Skills Professional
- Team Player
Familiarity with electrical / electronic test equipment and fundamentals
Must be able to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Ability to make basic site evaluation skills to include: environmental temperature, and general operating conditions
- Elementary fix/repair techniques based on directed supervision
- Capable of completing tasks and return unit to full operating conditions based upon directed supervision
- Ability to summarize and report all work related tasks performed
- Strong skill sets: o Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Safety procedures
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude
ESS will furnish all the necessary tools, technical training, cell phone, computers / tablets, and a service vehicle. We offer a competitive salary with health insurance and retirement benefits (401k).
Please send your resume to Tmeyer@elecsupport.com to apply.