The Avocent® Universal Management Gateway (UMG) appliance is the first converged management appliance that enables customers to remotely manage any device, in any location, from any vendor, at any time in a secure, centralized manner. Exclusively, the appliance uses proven technology to deliver a single, unified approach for data center infrastructure management (DCIM). The appliance integrates Digital KVM, Serial Console, Service Processor and Environmental Management in a single U platform, enabling customers to experience complete data center access and monitoring.
The UMG appliance converges Avocent access and control technologies into a single U platform, creating a simplified way to manage IT assets (compute, network and storage), regardless of vendor or operating system, regardless of technology. When used in combination with the Avocent DSView™ management software, data centers gain a total solution for secure access and control of any supported physical or virtual asset. Built-in auto-sensing and auto-discovery features provide the flexibility needed for data centers to consolidate tools and operate with optimal efficiency.
|Models||Type||Input Ports||Output Ports||Video Connection||Video Resolution||Height (in/mm)||Width (in/mm)||Depth (in/mm)||Weight (lbs/kgs)|
|Avocent UMG 6000||Converged Mgmt. Appliance||40 SP/KVM/Serial||2 digital||VGA||Up to 1920x1080||1.7 / 43.1||17.1 / 434||20 / 508||15 / 6.8|
|Avocent UMG 4000||Converged Mgmt. Appliance||40 SP/KVM/Serial||2 digital||VGA||Up to 1920x1080||1.7 / 43.1||17.1 / 434||20 / 508||15 / 6.8|
- Avocent Universal Management Gateway
- HP & UMG Solution Brief
- Three Key Values of Consolidated Infrastructure Management Solution Brief
- Avocent KVM Adapter Compatibility Matrix
- Avocent Management Appliance Comparison
- Data Center Infrastructure Solutions-Channel Products Catalog
- Avocent Universal Management Gateway 6000 End of Life
- Service Processor Management data sheet
- Securing and Maintaining DELL Infrastructures